Beauty & Hair
Our two new hairdressing salons are stylishly kitted out each with 16 styling stations and brand new professional equipment.
You will train in one of our on-site salons, where clients will come and pay for treatments with you, you will work in partnership with our staff to develop the highest levels of expertise.
The staff have experience ranging from working as therapists on first-class airlines and cruise ships, to senior level practitioners in the country’s top salons and, due to the practical nature of this course, you will develop a real relationship with them.
One of the things our department is most proud of is that the majority of our students progress through to the highest levels here at Nescot. For example the majority of our Level 2 students will be starting the Level 3 course in September. We believe this is down to the way we teach our courses. We get to know you so our teaching fits your personality. Whether you are a star pupil or have struggled in the past, Nescot can give you the skills you need to become a top flight beauty expert or hairdresser.
The department has three professional beauty therapy salons where you will use our professional facial, body and electrical equipment to treat members of the public.
We also have a new, purpose-built hairdressing salon where students learn cutting, styling and colouring before progressing to work experience with paying clients.
The department is also a licensed supplier of MATIS products.
Links with Other Organisations
Throughout our history, the department has built strong links with the types of companies you may want to work with. You will meet organisations such as global spa industry leaders Steiner, Clarins, Elemis here at the college, to bring that dream job within your reach. We also invite famous beauty names such as Fake Bake and MATIS to give you workshops and masterclasses in how to use their products.
Your Education and Career
Past students are part of an exciting, fast growing industry and range from sole operators running their own businesses, to therapists with some of the most prestigious international companies like ADEVA Spa, Steiner and Clarins.
So whether it’s higher education or the glamour of the international beauty industry, the Beauty Department at Nescot can take you where you want to go.
- Hairdressing Staff Experience
- Past students are part of an exciting, fast growing industry and range from sole operators running their own businesses, to therapists with some of the most prestigious international companies such as ADEVA Spa, Steiner and Clarins.
- Ofsted rated our department as, ‘good’ in our latest inspection.
- Masterclasses from industry experts.
- We have great links with companies like global spa industry leader, Steiner.
- We are a licensed supplier of MATIS products.
- Our beauty staff have experience ranging from working as therapists on first class airlines and cruise ships, to senior level practitioners in the country’s top salons. Due to the practical nature of this course you will develop a real relationship with them.
- You will train in our onsite salons treating Nescot students, staff and members of the public.