As we move into a truly global economy, the Travel and Tourism department will give you the skills to work in one of the world’s fastest moving industries. We are a forward-looking department with good contacts in the sector and an emphasis on getting the very best out of our students.
Not only do we organise the best speakers, work experiences and trips, so that your knowledge is as broad as possible, but we give you in-depth teaching about the theories, practices and skills you’ll need to become a travel professional.
3 Good Reasons
- Students rate the quality of teaching on their course as very high (2016).
- Level 2 achievement rates 12% above the national average and Level 3 achievement rates at 98.4% (2016).
- Travel students can take additional qualifications in NCFE Resort Reps, Cabin Crew and Aviation Operations on the Ground, which employers value highly.
Our students have progressed on to university-level qualifications at:
- Nescot - HND/C Travel & Tourism
- University of Surrey
- University of Southampton
- University of Chester
- University of Brighton
- Bournemouth University
- University of Roehampton
- University of Greenwich
The Travel and Tourism team have all enjoyed successful careers within the industry and many are still active in their fields. Organisations we have worked for range from EF Educational Tours and Tailored Travel, to The London Aquarium and The National Maritime Museum. Highly motivated and always striving for excellence in our teaching, we use our industry experience and teaching expertise to show you how your skills will work in the real world.
We have a brand new fully-equipped cabin service room, where role play and simulations are taught.
Trips, Visits, Guest Speakers
- Field visits to develop your professional practice including visits to British Airways or Virgin Atlantic, where you get the chance to take part in simulated safety and emergency procedures.
- Each year we organise trips to UK and European resorts. This year we have taken groups to Tenerife, Barcelona, London, Paris and Brighton.
- Guest speakers who work in the industry. Past speakers have included representatives from Virgin Atlantic, EasyJet, STA Travel and independent tour operators.
- Work experience placements. This year students have secured places at The Ritz, easyJet, British Airways, Jersey Airport and The London Aquarium, with six of them offered jobs.