Contact Us | Working at Nescot | Student / Staff Log In

Student Profile

Sophie - Level 3 Year 2 Beauty

Oct 27, 2015

Sophie - Level 3 Year 2 Beauty

I’ve always wanted to go into Beauty, and when I saw this course I knew it was the right one for me. I like doing the different treatments on clients, especially full body massage, because they feel really relaxed afterwards. I like making people feel good about themselves, it’s really rewarding.

I did the Level 2 course when I started at Nescot. We were all on the same level, and we learnt treatments like waxing and manicures. You also do a unit called Create an Image, where you work on a model and it ends with a big competition. It was a fun experience and I learnt a lot. In Level 3 you do more advanced treatments, like galvanic facials. I like that you can go from Level 2 to 3 without having to move college. I’ve been working part-time in a beauty salon while I do the course, and I’m starting there full-time as soon as I finish.

The course is challenging at times, and I think sometimes people underestimate what’s involved. You have to work really hard to stay up to date. The best thing about the course is the teaching. My teachers always goes the extra mile for the students to help them with whatever they need, but at the same time they teach you to be responsible for your own work. The course is really interesting - I never enjoyed school much, but college has been totally different. Everything’s focussed on the job you’re going to do when you finish - you learn the techniques and the theories, but there’s also a lot of emphasis on being professional, from your appearance to your customer service.