We are committed to teaching you more than just the theory of Business. Our teachers will help prepare you for a successful career.
What You Can Expect...
- Nescot Level 3 Business students compete in the Young Enterprise Company Programme where they set up their own businesses by raising funds and investing in shares, design and seek manufacturers to make and supply their products, then sell these to the local community for a profit they share at the end of the academic year, when they liquidate their company.
- You will not only learn the rules and skills you need for the business world, but will be given the tools to turn from a student into a business professional.
- We regularly have guest speakers in to talk to students about their experiences in the business world.
- Every one of our students will research, target, apply for, and spend at least a week doing meaningful work experience in an area they find exciting and relevant.
- We treat our students as adults and encourage them to take responsibility and pride in their assignments, behaviour, professional conduct and appearance.
- You will also take part in organising events for some of your units.
- The department has excellent teaching rooms and IT suites, where you will learn to use the latest software and presentation techniques.
- UK and international trips to look at real-life examples of business functions like sales and marketing. Previous tripshave included visiting Barcelona, Milan, Thorpe Park, Fragrance Company, Westfield Shopping Centre and Mayfield Lavender.
Our Student Success...
Our students have gone on to higher education to study:
- AAT Accounting
- Business Studies
- Real Estate
- Business Management
- Business Law
or into apprenticeships:
- Unilever (Marketing)
- Estate Agency
- Retail Management
or full-time employment:
- Office Team (Admin/Marketing)
- Estate Agency Sacha Scott (Sales)
- Wilsons Cars (Sales)