- Two purpose built facilities recently renovated.
- Modern classrooms with state of art technology.
- Practical working environments supporting the development of vocational skills.
- Secure environment accommodating students with complex needs.
The Foundation Learning Department is staffed by an experienced, innovative team who will help you develop and reach your full potential.
3 Good Reasons:
- Purpose built self-contained environment which allows students to feel safe in a big college but to feel part of the Nescot community.
- 91% rate teaching as good (2016).
- Students have gained employment at various local employers including Chessington World of Adventures, Screwfix, The Longmead Centre and Woodruffe Stables.
What to expect
- Courses for learners who have mild to moderate learning difficulties and/or disabilities and those who have no formal qualifications.
- Personalised learning programme supports students achieve their potential.
- Additional lessons in functional skills taught by experts in functional skills.
- Teaching which has been graded as Good (Grade 2) by Ofsted.
- Qualifications that show evidence of your success, which you can take to any employer or college in the country. Every programme leads to an externally accredited qualification and enables you to apply for courses at the next level.
- We prepare you for the outside world through work experience and work related activity.
- Work experience - many of our students get the opportunity to work with one of our social enterprises, including the student-run café and shop at Nescot and the weekly café organised by students in St John’s and St Mary’s Church Halls in Ewell.
- Students have gained employment at various local employers, including Chessington World of Adventures, Screwfix, The Longmead Centre and Woodruffe Stables.