Our award-winning staff have combined experience that includes serving as a police officer; working for the Airforce; acting as instructors for the Territorial Army and for outdoor activities; teaching first aid qualifications; and expertise in the law of armed conflict.
3 Good Reasons:
- Highest ranking Surrey college for student achievement in UPS at 91% (Local GFE College Data, 2016).
- Uniformed Public Services students can undertake additional qualifications in first aid, Outdoor First Aid additional qualifications and non-accredited drill inspection.
- Students meet monthly guest speakers from Uniformed Public Services, including a police dog handler and firefighters, discussing their careers and job roles.
Our students have progressed on to university-level qualifications at:
- HND Public Services Management at Nescot
- University of Exeter
- Loughborough University
- University of Surrey
- Bournemouth University
- Farnborough College of Technology
What to expect
- Expert training for the uniformed services entrance tests.
- Group expedition and adventure activities in places like Aqua Sports in Surrey and Dorset Adventure Centre to hone your problem-solving, teamwork, and cohesion skills.
- Community volunteering, leadership training and targeted fitness training to prepare you for uniformed public services.
- Visits to parliamentary buildings, the Royal Courts of Justice and the Old Bailey and visits from MPs, to demystify the workings of government, law and order.
- Develop skills in bushcraft, wild camping, rafting building, as well as a thorough grounding in cultural awareness and diversity to equip you to serve today’s multicultural society.
- Opportunity to attend 24-hour military exercises and the Army Insight course.
- Previous students were winners of three categories in the Public Services National Competition.
- Fundraising for the Royal Marsden’s teenage cancer campaign and sponsored activities to raise money for Help For Heroes.