Nescot has fully-trained careers advisors, who work closely with our feeder schools. We support students by giving them up-to-date and relevant information about their post-16 options, including apprenticeships. We offer flexible support, delivered at our feeder schools and here at Nescot. We also provide some specialised provision for Year 10 and 11s, taught in the college (more details here)
Information, advice and guidance for schools - What we offer
Activities and Events at Nescot - available to all schools
- We hold regular open events throughout the year, where students can speak to specialist subject tutors as well as expert staff from support areas. You can find our open event dates here. Open events give students the opportunity to look around the college and meet tutors and current college students. Visitors can apply on the night.
- We can arrange group visits to open events from schools - please contact us (minimum two weeks' notice please)
- Group visits to Nescot involving tours and talks on options and next steps can be arranged throughout the academic year to suit your school and group - please contact us and we will be in touch to discuss (minimum three weeks' notice please)
Activities and events at schools - available to local feeder schools
- Class assemblies for years 10 and 11, where we provide an introduction to post-16 options, including vocational and technical study, T Levels, higher education, and Apprenticeships. We also give an insight into college life, and explain how to apply to Nescot
- Group sessions to help with the application process
- Information sessions for students, teachers or parents on the new 'T Level' option.
- Visiting careers events at schools, including bringing specialist subject tutors where requested. For example, Construction and Catering tutors have showcased skills and provided interactive opportunities for students.
- 'Virtual' subject presentations, talks or Q&A.
All activities are subject to availability with arrangements being made on request. To arrange any of the options above, or to find out more about how we can support your students, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
"There is a comprehensive process of engagement with schools, and the activities from recruitment to college through open evenings and the engagement as student or apprentice ensures that no stone is left unturned in the recruitment process" - Matrix inspection, November 2019
Why study at Nescot?
- We were rated Good by Ofsted at our latest inspection in 2023
- Our courses are practical - our students learn by doing
- You'll be taught by specialist lecturers with their own experience of working in the industry
- We work closely with employers, giving you confidence our courses are up-to-date
- You'll get real work experience, not just theory learnt in a classroom
- You'll be doing real-life assignments based on what you'd be doing at work
- You can choose an apprenticeship, and earn while you learn
- We have great progression routes, with courses from entry-level to university-level
- We have great facilities - we've invested £50m in our campus since 2018
- We're experienced - Nescot has been providing excellent education since 1953
- We have a huge range of courses, from accounting to uniformed public services
- You can study in a way that suits you - full-time, part-time, by distance learning or through an apprenticeship
- We're very convenient to get to. We have a large, free car park, locked bicycle storage and we're located next to Ewell East train station, which is in zone 6.