Over the course of last week and the weekend, the university has decided that all assessments will go ahead as planned.
Please read below KU's information:
- All assessments will be completed or submitted online via Weblearn. On their original date and time that they were scheduled.
- Written examinations will go ahead as scheduled on their original time and day of assessment, however the duration of the exam will now double.
- Vivas and Presentations will now be completed via Microsoft Teams, module leaders will send a link as you can connect and complete your assessment
- All practicals will need to be completed via Microsoft Teams. If students do not have a body, they may demonstrate techniques or skills on themselves to show competencies and can verbalise to support answers.
- Subjects with placement hours will now need to complete online as a virtual consultation (Sports Therapy & Osteopathy). Module Leaders will be responsible to set-up and monitor, they will contact you regarding this. This provides an opportunity for students to experience what it is like to work in private practice (i.e. Private Health Insurance), this is industry related.
- ECs that have been previously accepted will need to be completed online via Microsoft Teams.
- Dissertations and Projects: As this is a student-led independent project if students can no longer do data collection or cannot complete this, the REF 4 form regarding changes in methodologies will need to be completed by student and supervisor and sent to Caroline Parmenter (Academic Registrar) to hold all documentation and to ensure processes have been completed. Students will now need to change their projects from primary research to a secondary review. If the documentation has not been received by Caroline Parmenter then the student is still expected to complete primary research.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Parmenter and/or your programme leader.
Keep safe and well.